X-Ray Tech - Union City, New Jersey
Perform radiological duties in compliance with x-ray department and legal requirements. Help patients feel comfortable during the entire process. Perform selected nursing and administrative/clerical duties that assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management under the direction of a physician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures and take X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Protect patients, yourself and staff from radiation exposure by practicing sound procedures which meet or exceed recommended industry standards.
- Develop and process radiological film.
- Obtain quality diagnostic radiographs as requested by physicians. Maintain a repeat rate of two percent or less.
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Report immediately any equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Log completed radiological procedures. Complete paperwork accurately and on time.
- Identify and file reports as required.
- Maintain examination rooms. Stock necessary office and radiological supplies.
- Request, retrieve and track films to and from other departments or centers.
- Anatomy and physiology sufficient to perform x-ray testing.
- Radiology equipment.
- Safety hazards common to radiology including equipment, body mechanics, and patient movement.
- Skill in properly positioning patients.
- Skill in identifying equipment problems.
High School Diploma or equivalent; completion of course in limited-scope/basic/LMRT/NCT radiological course
Limited/Basic/NCT/LMRT certification in Radiology.