Mammography Tech - Doral
Perform a variety of technical activities associated with the performance of screening and diagnostic mammography procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Perform a variety of tasks involving the operation of mammographic radiographic equipment and other equipment/devices as appropriate. Position patients, using immobilization when necessary. Calculate exposure factors, assist physicians.
- Perform the quality control functions related to mammography.
- Evaluate radiographs for diagnostic quality obtaining additional images as needed.
- Prepare and set up medical supplies using aseptic techniques if appropriate. Explain procedures to patients.
- Develop mammographic film. Match with the appropriate paperwork for interpretation.
- Assist in maintenance and compilation of statistical data.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing all breast imaging procedures, to include breast interventional procedures and ultrasound.
- Act in a team leader capacity on a routine basis.
- Monitor mammography section procedures and supply charges to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work therein.
- Graduate of a 24-month AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
- ARRT certification in radiography
- ARRT advanced certification in mammography
- BLS certification
- 1 year of experience preferred