IT Support Technician - Florida
The primary function of this position is to Identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems encountered by users of servers, the mainframe, desktop systems, network Internet and other computer technology; troubleshoot and solve local-area network problems provide technical support to end-users regarding computer hardware and software; install, test, certify and troubleshoot networking cabling systems; install configured network equipment; provides technical expertise to end-users regarding optimal set-up for software, hardware and network use; install, configure, monitor and troubleshoot a wide range of network and data communications software and hardware; train users in various software applications and network-related procedures
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes computer- and network-related problems reported by end-users, diagnoses the most effective method to resolve the problem and implements the solution; installs, maintains, and troubleshoots the Company’s Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), data communications, microcomputers and all peripheral equipment.
- Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software, and network-related problems encountered by end-users of the Sanitas network, the Internet, the mainframe, PCs and new computer technology.
- Configures and installs Windows workstations operating systems in response to the demands of a complex network design.
- Trains end-users on the use and features of the various operating systems and applications on the various platforms.
- Performs primary network system administration on network servers as needed.
- Installs, certifies and troubleshoots local and remote network cabling infrastructure, including a wide variety of local area network equipment and software.
- Will develop and use tracking system to log requests; monitors progress, tracks problem resolution, identify patterns of failure, research bug fixes and implements solutions; communicates with manager regarding unresolved problems.
- Works with vendors to resolve hardware operating system issues; researches and tests possible solutions and implements solutions. Analyzes bugs in system and application software; researches and tests possible solutions; implements solutions.
- Associate’s degree with at least two years of coursework in computer sciences.
- Current experience providing technical desktop and network support in a large multi-platform and multi-operating systems environment OR one year of experience and an MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certificate.
- Demonstrated experience implementing local area networks using multi-operating systems and platforms, network and computer trouble-shooting and problem solving skills required, including knowledge of networking theory, principles and practices.
- Specific knowledge of TCP/IP and Windows Server.
- MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel
- Bi-lingual fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Health Administration or Business Administration preferred
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strategic and operational leadership skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Detail-oriented, well-organized critical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Strong consultative relationship and interpersonal skills