Billing Specialist - North Newark / Belleville
Specific duties and Responsibilities:
- Tracking all billing and monitoring all collections and payments in order to keep AR running smoothly.
- Carrying out the medical billing and coding work efficiently, and supervising work.
- Computer savvy.
- Possess good knowledge of medical coding.
- Possess good inter communication skills.
- Acquire excellent organizational skills.
- Maintain billing accuracy.
- Must be a problem solver with expert communication.
- Ensures accurate and timely billing of claims.
- Performs follow-up on open insurance claims and balances.
- Monitors, researches and resolves unpaid, rejected and denied claims.
- Initiates and answers correspondence for claims resolution with insurance carriers
- Updates patient accounts as necessary
- Identifies and investigates claim formatting issues
Education / Experience
- Experience in a position that required critical thinking and analytics
- Three years of health care and medical billing/collections experience is required.
- Experience with Medical Billing in an acute care facility is a plus.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Previous experience working in the behavioral health field preferred
- Basic diagnosis and procedure coding knowledge preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Word
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred