Patient Registration Clerk - Newington/ Hartford
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Welcomes and greets patients/clients/visitors to the department in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determines purpose of visit and direct patients/clients/visitors to appropriate person or department(s).
- Schedules patient flow to clinic based on predetermined appointment arrangements to allow the medical center to serve an adequate number of patients
- When scheduling appointment, PRC screens patients for updated demographics, new patient visit or update registration and informs patient of adequate information that must be presented at time of visit.
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, and correspondence.
- Interview patients to complete insurance and privacy forms.
- Receive insurance co-pay payments and post amounts paid to patient accounts.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments, check-ups and physician referrals.
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Ability work in a fast paced environment
- Protects patient confidentiality, making sure protected health information secured by not leaving PHI in plain sight and logging off the computer before leaving it unattended.
Education / Experience
High School Diploma or GED required
0 – 1 year in a Customer Service role.
1+ year of administrative experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area preferred
Some College coursework is preferred