Account Receivable Specialist
Basic Work Functions include but are not limited to:
Contact insurance companies regarding outstanding claims. Work as a liaison between insurance and patient for claims payment. Collect and post both patient and insurance payments. Produce reports as needed using Excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Collect, post, and manage patient account payments.
- Submit claims to insurance.
- Prepare and review patient statements.
- Review delinquent accounts.
- Process payments from insurance companies.
- Sort and file paperwork.
- Ensure claims are paid according to contract.
- Handle information about patient treatment, diagnosis, and related procedures with strict confidentiality,
- Experience in , Level 1 HCPCS and Level 2 HCPCS.
- Follow up on claims accepted or denied.
- Investigate rejected claims to see why denial was issued.
- Contact insurance companies for payment on delinquent or rejected claims.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 2 years working in the related field.
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Team player attitude