Care Coordinator - Full Time - South Orlando Kissimmee Osceola
The Care Coordinator will ensure smooth patient flow throughout the day by scheduling/rescheduling patient appointments, answering phone calls promptly, and multitasking effectively. The Care Coordinator will work with Sanitas policies and procedures to be the point of contact between the health insurance carrier or hospital and Sanitas facilities. The Care Coordinator plays an important role in customer service inside and outside the facility, as well as clinical data analysis to understand the reason behind the patient utilization of healthcare services.
- 3-5 years’ experience in clinical or community resource settings; Care coordinationand/or case management experience is desirable.
- Evidence of essential leadership, communication, education, and counseling skills
- Proficiency in communication technologies (email, cell phone, etc.)
- Highly organized with ability to keep accurate notes and records
- Experience with health IT systems and reports is desirable
- Local knowledge about and connections to community health care and social welfareresources are desirable
- Ability to speak a Spanish and English fluently
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, and EHR preferred.
- BS Degree Preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Customer Service and telephone skills
- Ability to supervise, counsel and discipline Center staff.
- Ability to orient personnel on Center Policies and Procedures
- Ensure adequate staffing and continuity of care to patients.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Productive communication and empathy towards patients, ability to work with peers, support staff and administration personnel
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task effectively
- Able to work under pressure and adapt easily to change.
- Must be able to relate well with all levels of individuals within the organization
- Able to respect and maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Strong relationship with medical staff, peers, managers, patients and employees
- Patient and Customer Management:
- Engages and attracts patients, solves problems and works as a team with the rest of the staff to provide the best customer service possible.
- Orients and educates patients and their families by meeting them; explaining the role of the patient care coordinator; initiating the care plan; providing educational information in conjunction with direct care providers related to treatments, procedures, medications, and continuing care requirements.
- Monitors delivery of care by completing patient rounds; documenting care; identifying progress toward desired care outcomes; intervening to overcome deviations in the expected plan of care; reviewing the care plan with patients in conjunction with the direct care providers; interacting with involved departments to negotiate and expedite scheduling and completion of tests, procedures, and consults; reporting personnel and performance issues to the unit manager; maintaining ongoing communication with utilization review staff regarding variances from the care plan or transfer/discharge plan.
- Respects patients by recognizing their rights; maintaining confidentiality.
- Clinical Case Evaluation.
- Review and analyze information in our EHR
- Develops interdisciplinary care plan and other case management tools by participating in meetings; coordinating information and care requirements with other care providers resolving issues that could affect smooth care progression; fostering peer support; providing education to others regarding the case management process.
- Evaluates outcomes of care with the interdisciplinary team by measuring intervention effectiveness with the team; implementing team recommendations.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains patient care database by entering new information as it becomes available; verifying findings and reports; backing up data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ensures the permanent update of Date Bases, to improve patient care and treatments.
- Ensure continuity of care to patients
- Insurance and Company’s partnership:
- Work closely with the Insurance Company in order to improve patient care and treatment.
- Create and analyze statistical data.
- Liaison between the insurance company and Sanitas to improve patient flow through the system
- Administrative tasks (backup of practice manager)
- Process daily cash collection and generate reports.
- Must be able to follow up and ensure policies and procedures are followed and work flexible schedules and locations.
- Ensure the proper use of medical and office supplies.
- Work closely with the manager, understating the work flow and functioning of the center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.