Patient Registration Clerk - Full Time - North Orlando Longwood
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PC/CRT/printer
- Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment preferred
- Customer service skills and experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
- Course in Medical Terminology required
- Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements preferred
- Understanding of Compliance standards preferred
- Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect money owed by our Patients/Guarantors.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
- Must be able to appropriately interpret physician orders, medical terminology and insurance cards while maintaining Standards of Care.
Education / Experience
High School Diploma or GED required
0 – 1 year in a Customer Service role.
0 – 1 year administrative experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area preferred
Some College coursework is preferred