Physicians (Bilingual) - Homestead
CliniSanitas, a start-up joint venture between two leaders in healthcare solutions and delivery (GuideWell and Organizacion Sanitas Internacional), is establishing its operations in the South Florida market. The senior leadership team will be based in Miami, FL and will be responsible for establishing the administration and medical care delivery operations for the new CliniSanitas medical centers.
These medical centers will provide services, such as primary care, select specialty care, walk-in care, lab, diagnostic, and health care education and resources for area residents in predominantly Hispanic communities.
We are looking for bi-lingual clinic Physicians who will be responsible for the coordination and oversight of all medical care and quality of services provided at the medical centers.
- Perform comprehensive physical assessment of patients.
- Order or execute various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Diagnose and treat diseases, disorders and injuries based on patient’s medical history and results of physical assessment and refer patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
- Prescribe medications and therapies for treatment and preventive care.
- Instruct patients and their families regarding procedures performed, home care, and follow-up visits.
- Direct professional and ancillary health care staff during treatment of patients.
- Respond to inquiries from staff and patients regarding preventive health and treatments.
- Compile patient medical data including health history, treatment plans, and results of physical examination, etc. and record in electronic medical record.
- Report required information including deaths and outbreak of contagious diseases to governmental authorities.
- Plan, promote, demonstrate, recommend and coordinate high standards of medical practice.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE MUST:
• M.D. or O.D. from an accredited school of Medicine
• Board Certified in one of the primary care specialties
• Current license to practice medicine in the State of Florida
• 2 or more years’ experience as a primary care clinic Physician
• Fluent in English and Spanish
DUTIES AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PHYSICIAN:
- Obtain health history and perform physical examinations.
- Diagnose and direct counseling for each patient on a plan for treatment.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with Florida statute and professional practice guidelines.
- Maintains a problem oriented health record for each patient seen in accordance with the Center’s established Health Information Management policies and procedures.
- Assures continuity of care by providing comprehensive medical services on a timely basis as per Clinic schedule within the Center’s scope of practice and the provider’s training.
- Provides excellent internal/external customer service via telephone, fax or face-to-face contact to assist patients with their health care needs.
- Perform minor surgical procedures.
- Arrange referral for patients requiring services not offered at Medical Center
- Review incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) sign, date and follow-up in a timely manner. § Follows established departmental and medical center policies, procedures, and objectives; continuous quality improvements objectives and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards. § Participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as needed i.e. diabetes collaborative/health fairs etc.; attends and participates in medical center meetings / departmental meetings and other medical center functions as required by the Center. § Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice as requested. § Assist in outside medical public relations functions. § Trains, mentors and supervises students and clinical support staff, as appropriate