PCMH-NCQA Coordinator - Part Time or Consultant - New Jersey
The PCMH Project Coordinator works with the Regional Operations Manager and the Medical Director to design, document and implement a strategy for achievement of National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Level 3 Recognition. The PCMH Project Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day development and implementation of Sanitas Medical Center’s Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model. Designs, initiates and facilitates PCMH workflow processes throughout the Sanitas Medical Centers. Coordinates training activities related to PCMH data collection, patient tracking, policy and procedure development, and work flow changes. Responsible for being a subject matter expert on NCQA requirements. Works closely with the Electronic Health Records team relative to PCMH requirements and sustainability.
- Oversees the development and implementation of a PCMH recognition program for the Sanitas Medical Centers.
- Attains expert knowledge of NCQA PCMH standards, policies, processes and application requirements. Advises management of changes to continuously improve content and delivery.
- Develops new policies and procedures necessary for PCMH implementation along with compliance department. Evaluates existing policies for compliance with the PCMH model.
- Develops and implements best practices to improve work flow related to PCMH quality incentives and practice transformations along with Regional Operations Manager.
- Develops, oversees and facilitates training programs to align work flow and Health Department culture with the PCMH model. Provides education and support to staff as they implement and sustain measures to improve chronic disease management programs.
- Oversees the collection, integration and evaluation of diverse data related to clinical and operational performance and medical home transformation activities.
- Works collaboratively with other staff members in regard the PCMH model. Evaluates the performance of care teams and makes recommendations for changes. Provides input to the care coordination process.
- Researches, gathers and reports health related data to meet NCQA requirements. Provides regular program updates and outcomes to Sanitas Medical Center leadership.
- Supports electronic health records to ensure that providers and clinicians are using the software to its maximum potential and advantage relative to PCMH designation and meaningful use.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must adhere to departmental standards regarding HIPAA and other privacy issues.
- During a public health emergency, the employee may be required to perform duties similar to but not limited to those in his/her job description.
Education: An Associate’s Degree in Nursing is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Business Administration or related field is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years of clinical experience is required including some PCMH experience. Six months experience using an eCW (eclinical works) system preferred. Experience with accreditation processes helpful.
Other Requirements: Must attain NCQA PCMH Content Expert Certification (CEC) within two years of date of hire.