Dietitian - Broward
Sanitas is currently seeking an experienced Nutritionist to join our team! The Nutritionist will be responsible for providing nutritional education as well as consulting with physicians and healthcare professionals to assess and determine nutritional needs, menus and dietary restrictions for Sanitas patients. Sanitas, a joint venture between two leaders in healthcare solutions and delivery, is establishing its operations in the South Florida market. These medical centers will provide services, such as primary care, select specialty care, walk-in care, lab, diagnostic, and health care education and resources for area residents in predominantly Hispanic and Latino communities.
- Assist with daily patient flow in areas as needed.
- Responds politely when addressed, assists in a helpful friendly manner.
- Consistently reports for duty on time.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide explanations for food and nutrition issues
- Establish proper meal plans for the patient in accordance with their preference, health, and financial capabilities
- Evaluate the health and diet needs of patients
- Calculate patient nutritional requirements
- Analyze nutritional content of food
- Educate other healthcare professionals about food and nutrition
- Run health promotion clinics in medical facility and other community settings
- Educate the public about the need for proper dieting, its importance in disease prevention, etc.
- Conduct dietary, nutritional, and epidemiological research
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Possess the ability to ambulate, position and transfer patients.
- Demonstrates effective Communication skills with staff members, specific population served and others.
- Possesses the ability to interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Demonstrates basic care skills.
- Ability to organize work and follow instructions.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in dealing effectively with people of all ages.
- Demonstrates knowledge as it relates to age specific consumer population.
- Must be able to maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Must be able to follow policies and procedures and work flexible schedule and location.
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively with patients, co-workers, medical staff, visitors and other health care providers
A joint venture between two leaders in healthcare solutions and delivery, is establishing its operations in the South Florida market. Our medical centers provide services such as primary care, select specialty care, walk-in care, lab, diagnostic, and health care education and resources for area residents in predominantly Hispanic and Latino communities.
Builds Trust: Consistently models and inspires high levels of integrity, lives up to commitments, and takes responsibility for the impact of one's actions.
Pursues Excellence: Seeks out learning, strives to develop and expand personally, and continuously helps others upgrade their capability to contribute to CliniSanitas.
Accountability: Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same.
Patient Focus: Connects meaningfully with customers to build emotional engagement and customer advocacy. Simplifies complexity and integrates internal efforts to deliver an optimal customer experience.
Bilingual: required to be bi-lingual English/Spanish