Bilingual HR Specialist - Monday to Friday - Orland Area
The HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level. This position carries out responsibilities not limited to the following functional areas: employee relations, training, onboarding, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance as well as serving as an administrative assistant to the HR Department’s Management Team.
• Assists in the hiring process by coordinating job openings with RPO (Recruitment Process Outsourcing) provider, scheduling interviews with internal leadership and facilitating background checks.
• Participates in HR meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Prepares and processes new hire paperwork and other paperwork required to place employees on payroll; establishes personnel file.
• Assists in maintaining human resources information system records by timely processing employee status changes and compiles reports from the database.
• Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
• Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students and temporary employees.
• Conducts new employee orientations.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
• Conduct e-verify, background checks and drug screens
• Other duties as assigned by management – duties, responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Minimum of 3 years of HR and payroll experience, preferably in a healthcare delivery setting
• Working knowledge of HR and payroll best practices
• Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
• Strong knowledge of employment laws
• Proficient in MS Excel
• Bi-lingual fluency in English and Spanish
• Associate of Arts degree / Certification in Human Resources or related field
• SHRM – CP or SHRM-SCP certification or ability to obtain certification within 12 months of hire date.
• Working knowledge of ADP.