Patient Registration Clerk - Part Time - Union City, New Jersey
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Welcomes and greets patients/clients/visitors to the department in a manner that is helpful and friendly; determines purpose of visit and direct patients/clients/visitors to appropriate person or department(s).
- Schedules patient flow to clinic based on predetermined appointment arrangements to allow the medical center to serve an adequate number of patients
- When scheduling appointment, PRC screens patients for updated demographics, new patient visit or update registration and informs patient of adequate information that must be presented at time of visit.
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, and correspondence.
- Interview patients to complete insurance and privacy forms.
- Receive insurance co-pay payments and post amounts paid to patient accounts.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments, check-ups and physician referrals.
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Ability work in a fast paced environment
- Protects patient confidentiality, making sure protected health information secured by not leaving PHI in plain sight and logging off the computer before leaving it unattended.
Education / Experience
High School Diploma or GED required
0 – 1 year in a Customer Service role.
1+ year of administrative experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area preferred
Some College coursework is preferred